Protecting the Consumer Rights of Veterans and Serving Military
Friday, May 26, 2017
5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute of Peace & Justice
5998 Alcala Park
University of San Diego
Earn 2.0 Hours Participatory MCLE Credit
What You Will Learn | Faculty | Essential Information | Register Online
What You Will Learn
Veterans and serving military personnel face unprecedented challenges on behalf of all of us. They and their families also face serious problems in the market place. Learn from an expert panel about state and federal laws that provide special protection to veterans and serving military. This information will make you a better representative of this important group of clients.
The Litigation Section has brought together an outstanding panel to teach you the ins and outs of protecting veterans and serving military. The panel includes:
- Hon. Eileen Moore, Associate Justice of the Fourth District Court of Appeal. Justice Moore is a renowned jurist who has written and spoken frequently on the unique consumer issues facing veterans and their families. Justice Moore is a former battlefield nurse in Vietnam.
- Nicklas Akers, Chief, Consumer Law Section, California Attorney General’s Office. Nick is one of the state’s experts on consumer law. He is also a Lt. Colonel in the California State Military Reserve. In both roles, he regularly deals with consumer issues confronting military men and women.
- Robert Muth, Adjunct Professor of Law, University of San Diego. Bob heads a clinic at USD that provides legal services to serving military and veterans in the San Diego area. He served in Iraq as a captain and judge advocate in the United States Marine Corps. Last year, Bob was honored to receive the prestigious Bernard E. Witkin Award for Excellence in Legal Education
You can now REGISTER ONLINE for this program. Online registration will close after May 19.
- $35 – Attorneys/Non-Attorneys
- $FREE –Law Students
The deadline to pre-register is Friday, May 19, 2017
Requests must be received in writing by Friday, May 19, 2017. Refunds will not be available after Friday, May 19, 2017.
On-site registration is subject to availability. Call to confirm space availability.
For special assistance, please call 415-538-2546.
- For registration information call 415-538-2508. Telephone registrations will not be accepted.
- For program content and/or Section information call 415-538-2546.
The Litigation Section is a State Bar of California-approved MCLE provider.